The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1426786 10/13/2021 11:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 85
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 85
If I’m looking at the manual correctly I have everything loose. Both nuts are out. I can move it back and forth and after a lot of work I have moved it out slightly. Is this going to take a big stout puller? I want to make sure before I damaged anything. Thanks.
Attachments

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
I have always been able to pull one off from this position.

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 85
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 85
Thanks I’ll see if I can get it pulled.

Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,989
7
'Bolter
'Bolter
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,989
Were you able to back off the brake shoe adjustment, that is normally what is keeping you from sliding the hub off. If the shoes are not the issue then the bearing may have spun on the axle tube and partly seized. Rig up a pusher from the back.


1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 85
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 85
I didn’t mess with the brake adjustment I will check that first thing. I like the pusher idea also. I’ll get back on this in the morning. Thanks for the advice.

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 85
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 85
Loosening the pads did it thanks again!
Attachments


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0