The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (78buckshot, klhansen), 75 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,713
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
I'm not a big fan of exhaust stacks on pickup trucks, but I've been considering putting them on my big bolt (I've been thinking of going the diesel route). I've come across two big bolts on ebay recently that have exhaust stacks.

Truck 1
Truck 2

Number 1 is a beautiful truck, but i don't like the stacks. They're too small and too far out from the body. Number 2 I like.

Any opinions?


Curt
----
1953 Chevy 6400, 1957 Chevy 2dr Sedan
--"Mediocrity is easy, the good things take time"
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Curt,
I've been thinking about putting stacks on my '49, too. I like Truck 2, as well -- that's exactly how I see mine going on.

Having the wheels bright red with the rest of the truck in primer is a bit jarring, though...

Regards,
John


~ One of many.
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
But the big block under the hood is fun. I want to put a 454 in mine.

The big stacks look better to me. I'd worry though that someone might grab that hot pipe climbing in if they are that close to the cab.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
HEY, Xram's back, and he's still itchin' for a "Duramax with Stax". Have any luck finding some big aluminum wheels? I think about 4" stacks tucked in nice and tight would look good. You still gonna cut that thing in half? :p


Keith
If it were easy they'd have grade schoolers doing it!
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
Quote
Originally posted by Pakrat47:
[b]You still gonna cut that thing in half? :p [/b]
No, I've given up on the idea of widening the truck--way too much work!! As far as the aluminum wheels, I don't think that will happen either, at least not on the stock hubs. I am still itchin' for the Duramax, though.

My next big idea is air suspension. I'm talking real truck air suspension, not those rinky-dink systems they use to slam cars and "little" trucks. grin But that's probably a discussion for another thread.

The more ideas I get, the more I think this project is going to cost as much as a new Kodiak. I need someone to give me a dope slap to keep my brain in check. :rolleyes:

Yoouuch!! Thanks, I needed that!

4" stacks tucked in close is what I had in mind. Should I go single, or dual?


Curt
----
1953 Chevy 6400, 1957 Chevy 2dr Sedan
--"Mediocrity is easy, the good things take time"
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
I think either way is cool. cool If you look at a lot of old semis they were single. Like I say either way is cool, I'd go dual. Have you seen the new IH Navistar pickups?
http://www.swit-tx.com/ihpickup.htm


Keith
If it were easy they'd have grade schoolers doing it!
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,729
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,729
I agree with pakrat -- dual! They would sound great.

John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
I guess great minds think alike. wink


Curt
----
1953 Chevy 6400, 1957 Chevy 2dr Sedan
--"Mediocrity is easy, the good things take time"

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0