Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Would you fix the stock turn indicator or go with a part like the one in the picture. If so, which would you recommend? I had one on a prior truck that had been installed before I got her and it worked well. I am needing to repair mine or replace it. Thanks - GPK1961
I have the same signal stat switch as shown in your picture. It works fine, but it does not self cancel. If I had the option to use a stock self cancelling turn signal switch, I would. Stock switch makes for a cleaner installation too.
Parts are readily available and relatively inexpensive to repair the original. The same parts were used for many many years.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Fix the original. It may be true that the 60-62 is the easiest to fix. Some parts are under the horn button but the switch is down the column and is operated by a cable. As said, everything is available and the assembly is fairly simple after you study the mechanism and manual. Determine why it does not work. We will help you trouble shoot and advise where to get parts.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
I have replaced the turn signal mechanism and it is tighter and functions as it should. I replaced the turn signal switch but I can't seem to get the switch to move forward. It moves one way but not both. I have adjusted the length of the cable but can't seem to get it to work both right and left. Any suggestions on this? Thanks - GPK1961
Seriously: The cable is really a rod inside a metal sheath, as you know. It can pull and push. You need to adjust the sheath as well as the rod so that there is enough "throw" to reach out and to pull in. Find the sweet spot. Right now you have too much out or not enough in throw......if your column lever/mini bell crank is working properly.
I suppose the rod can slip on the switch connection or buckle. Check all that. If you can't detect what's wrong, unbolt the switch and lean it out and watch what is happening or not happening. Hopefully you checked to see that the switch mechanicals were operating.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn