The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Peggy M, 32Fordpuchoptop, DadsFirstPickup, farmallb, Otto Skorzeny), 268 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,168
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
I've installed a T5 in my 55.1 3100. I used a short-throw Mustang shifter, so my hole in the floor is 4".
I'm looking for a shift boot that will cover this and be tall enough for the Mustang shift tower (about 3").
The small round Mr. Gasket one and the one for a Jeep T5 look promising.
None of the FLAPS seem to have any in stock that I can go look at and measure.
Does anyone have any suggestions or experience to share?
Thanks.

Leon

Last edited by Leon; 08/11/2021 3:43 PM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,396
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,396
Check Speedway Motors, they have a good selection that fits most any shifter.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 66
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 66
Mine came from Core Shifters. Web search that and their site will come up.


'59 Apache
‘21 Beta 390RS
‘18 BMW R1200RT
'12 Ford Flex
'13 Aprilia Tuono
‘11 Ducati Hypermotard
Salisbury, MD
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
Thanks for the suggestions. I took a look at Speedway. Their online descriptions were very short on dimensions, and they're too far away to go look in person. Core didn't seem to have anything for round shift levers. The most likely ones to work seem to be the C5ZZ-7277-B from Scott Drake or the OMIX-ADA 18806.03 . Summit Racing has them in stock and they are close enough to drive over and see (~50 miles). So I guess I'll go do that. Here's a pic of my install. I need the boot to cover the bottom 3 inches or so. Maybe less after I get the floor insulation and carpet in. The stick is about 5/8" at the bottom tapering to 3/8" at the knob. I can make a thick mounting base like Moonlight did if the boot won't stretch comfortably.
Attachments
20210813_113031.jpg (139.91 KB, 41 downloads)

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
I used a leather boot that I think I got from Summit or Jegs...

Mike B smile
Attachments
Copy of IMG_20150312_210633_760.jpg (226.28 KB, 27 downloads)


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0