Doug I was in the same position with my 46 3/4 ton truck and ended up using the same brackets used on the front. I had to heat and bend the brackets slightly and they worked fine.
msmall, I had saved a pair of "Advance Design" era rear brackets from another project, thinking I would tweak them to work, as you did. I'm not doing a "nut & bolt restoration" on this truck, but I'm trying to keep it looking as original as possible. Between pictures posted on this site, further study of the parts book, and more searching of supplier catalogs, I know what they look like now. One supplier sells a set that I believe is correct, but with shipping they will cost me $200.+, this 'ol Scotsman is too cheap for that. Not a hard project to build these. If I could get my hands on real pair of the right brackets in good shape, I could make a pattern, and be done in no time. If not I can come real close, just need a good bumper to build them to, always something!
The brackets in the photo below are from an e-bay listing, look to be a nice set (I hope I'm not stepping over the line posting this pic- Mod?). I think these are 1/2 ton, I believe that for the 3/4 ton the frame brackets would need to mount to the bumper irons about 4.5" closer to the center of the truck. If anyone reading this has better information than my conjectures, I'd love to hear (or better yet, see some pictures).
Thanks, Doug.