The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, Lostbuthaulinass, amtrakjoe, Wally / Montana, Hush), 63 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,303
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 89
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 89
Hello. I’m starting work on my 47 cab. I noticed the doors rub on the rear pillars, do to the cab being cut to replace the upper windshield rail by the previous owner. I think what happened is when they cut the cab to do the repair, the cab wasn’t braced correct and the rear of the cab dipped in/forwards towards the front causing the door to rub. I may be wrong.

Can anyone give me the measurements for the door openings from the firewall to the corner of the rear pillar?
I think The factory assembly manual says 50” but I have about 48 1/4”. Thanks guys.
Attachments

Last edited by 47 BOMBER; 07/18/2021 12:33 AM.
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,082
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,082
FAM says 47.94 inches rear of the firewall at 50 inches above zero line (or 40 inches above top of frame) Ref No. 11 on Section 1, Sheet 63.02
At 30 inches above the frame (very close to the reveal line) the dimension is 48.53 inches from the firewall. Ref No. 26 on the same page.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 89
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 89
Thanks klhansen. I’m not sure what F.O.D stands for.
Is it front of dash?

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,082
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,082
Originally Posted by 47 BOMBER
Thanks klhansen. I’m not sure what F.O.D stands for.
Is it front of dash?
Correct


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 89
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 89
Thank you buddy. I appreciate it.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0