I'm looking for front axle dust caps/covers for my '49 3600. I can't seem to find a listing for them, only for the 3100. Does anyone know a source?
49 Chevy 3600 65 Chevy K10 48 International KB-1 Service Truck 55 Willys CJ5 - Chevy 331 powered 26 Model T Roadster Rat Rod 70 Tucker Sno-Cat 442-A 96 Dodge 3500 Cummins dually flatbed x-cab 4x4 06 Jeep Wrangler LJ rock crawler If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical problem
Hy Southtowns27, according to one of my parts books the same "Retainer, front wheel bearing bearing grease" was used from 1947 through the 55B series and possibly longer, original part number was 3680897, hope that helps.
If you have the original ones, they can be salvaged and dressed up a bit. If you can't come up with replacements, restoring yours is an option. The photo is of one that I worked the dents out of and zinc plated. It's off a 3100, so a bit easier to find. You'll note it's still got some "texture" to it from the rust pits and one ding I couldn't get out, but it's straight.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.