The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Bill Marlow, TUTS 59, Wally / Montana, Shade Baby, 1 invisible), 80 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,385
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1413610 06/12/2021 11:15 AM
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 87
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 87
Hi, I'm finally ready to start bodywork on my 1950 Chevy pickup. I'm painting it the original green. My question is about colors.

The outside body will be green. I guess I'll put the 3M rubberized undercoating under the cab. I'm not sure about the inside of the cab. Does that all get the factory green?

thanks for any suggestions.
Mike

Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,501
J
Moderator, Electrical Bay
Moderator, Electrical Bay
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,501
Hi Mike,
There were 3 greens as I'm certain you know. The interiors were all painted (for lack of a better term) a champagne goldish color. GM used this for several years and the exact formula/color is somewhat open to debate. You can see what I used below, and I matched this to a piece which had not seen sunshine since it was originally painted. If you want the name/number, please let me know. Most people like this mixed with a de-glossing agent.

You can see what exterior colors were used by following this link (plus a ton of other information):

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/do...hevrolet-Trucks/1950-Chevrolet-Truck.pdf
Attachments
IMG_9297.JPG (195.63 KB, 56 downloads)


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 87
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 87
Jon,

thank you very much for the info. Thank you also for the pic. I wasn't sure where to start the interior color. That's a pretty ugly color. I love it. I think I will definitely go with a deglossing agent. I presume that's an additive i put in the paint?

I would love to get the paint number from you if you have time.

Thanks again,
Mike


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0