| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,475 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2019 Posts: 26 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2019 Posts: 26 | In recent months I finished my 46 1½ton build with the help of an 89 Chevy based p30. Fast forward to the next project... I've acquired a 1988 "bread truck" rolling chassis. It's got a cummins 6bt, Allison transmission 4w disc brakes, a Dana 70hd rear and a Rockwell front beam axle. It's got the large 6 lug pattern and(funky) lug nut/nut arrangement. The brake master cylinder has a 12v electric pump to provide assist. (No vacuum from a diesel) Does anyone here know how to ID the maker of the truck? I will need to know make and model to source parts. I plan on purchasing new calipers, master cylinder etc but the parts store around here are NO help without year, make, model. I can snap pics of anything helpful, I'm not seeing anything indicating maker on the frame or anywhere else. I'm calling it a bread truck chassis because that's the only thing the seller knows. Her late husband purchased it for a project then unexpectedly passed. Help?! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Brian46Chevy, I can't say I know the "make" but the UPS fleet had either 4BTs or 6BTs depending on the GVW. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Look for the VIN on top of the frame rail above the front axle left side. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Apr 2019 Posts: 26 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2019 Posts: 26 | Look for the VIN on top of the frame rail above the front axle left side. Mike B  No Vin visible... | | | | | Joined: Apr 2019 Posts: 26 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2019 Posts: 26 | Saving that website! I've gotta check part numbers but the steering box is visually the same! 😎 | | |
| |
| |