The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (R&S 51 GMC, Otto Skorzeny, ShopRag, baldeagle), 147 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 760
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 760
I have collected paint codes for interior colors from various sites, and still have a couple of questions:
1. The steering wheel, and gearshift column are apparently a different color than the remainder of the interior, but it doesn't specifically mention the steering column. So, was the steering column the same as the steering wheel, or was it the same as the remainder of the interior?

2. Other than the steering wheel, steering column, and gearshift column, is the entire remainder of the interior the same color? That's the way it appears from what I've read, but I havent read that specifically.

I'm not trying to make this truck 100% correct, and I'm not trying to be a perfectionist. It's just that, in my opinion, it's just as easy, and usually just as cheap, to paint things the right color as it is to paint them the wrong color. Especially if you already have bought the paint.


Mike Burns
1940 Chev 1/2 ton
1953 Chev 1/2 ton
1950 Studebaker Starlight Coupe
1947 Indian Chief
1943 Indian 741
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
Steering wheel, shift lever, and steering mast are all one color which is different than the rest of the interior.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 104
2
'Bolter
'Bolter
2 Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 104
This may have no connection to your 1953 Mike, but as near as I could tell in our 1956 was that the steering column, gear shift/parking brake were the same slate color as the floor. This is how I painted them. I honestly don't know if it is wrong, but it is very close in any event. The turn signal switch assembly was black.

Hope this helps,

Steve


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0