Hello all, I have a 1951 GMC 1/2 ton pickup with torque tube drive shaft. I had to take the axle apart to fix a leak and cant find the torque specs for bolting the axle housing to the front half of the assembly. The torque spec for the rear cover would also be helpful.
2. Assemble differential carrier assembly to axle housing, install lock washers and nuts and tighten securely.
I would use a generic torque table based on the bolt/stud size and use that. Otherwise, just "tighten securely".
The manual is silent on torque for the cover fasteners.
Last edited by klhansen; 04/20/20219:22 PM. Reason: my keboard can't spell
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.