Working on a 1954 3100. I am trying to find original rims for that truck and read a thread that all of the 15 inch original rims have the locking rings on them. Is that correct. I have two rims on it that I thought were original but am checking. Any help appreciated.
All 1/2 ton rims were one-piece. Standard wheels were 16" x 4.5 wide Optional wheels were 15" x 5.5 wide Click this Link and scroll dow to page 120
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Wouldn't the fact that the chart lists a flap for the six lug, 15x5.5" wheel indicate that the 1/2 tons with that option had 2-piece lock ring wheels?
The reason I ask is that info in the chart is very similar to what is published for our '46 1/2-ton, which I believe came originally with two-piece lock ring wheels.
Hi Calkade, My 1951 3100 came with it's original 15" wheels. No lock ring. They are 5" wheels. I wanted to put a little bit wider tire on rear and found two wheels that were 5 1/2" wide. The guy I bought them from said they came off a sedan delivery. Eldon