The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Maybellene, tclederman, RoadsScholar, DadsFirstPickup, baldeagle, MickeyP, Stovebolt48, 1 invisible), 198 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1404909 04/05/2021 8:44 PM
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 33
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 33
54’ 3100 235 3 speed

Hopefully this will help the next guy who needs a quick radiator replacement to order

I had a hard time digging through forums to find a replacement but ended doing my own research since I saw so many fitment issues with water pump/fan clearance.

Found this aluminum one that fit perfect while I attempt to recore the original

From jegs.com 66-ec5100-6 195$
Attachments


54’ 3100 235 3 speed
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 5
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 5
I have a '53 3800 216 this should fit that as well right? I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here but for the sake of more information I think it would be useful.

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,803
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,803
Yes, it should fit. There was a mid-year body style change in 55, so a radiator for anything from a 47 to an early 55 truck should bolt in and work. There is a fan position problem when a late 55 or newer 235 is used in the 47-55 trucks. 216's and 54- early 55 235's have the correct water pump and fan position.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 5
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 5
Thank you good sir!!


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0