The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Joe W), 211 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1404515 04/03/2021 3:24 AM
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 116
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 116
Any of you folks used POR-15 paint on wheels? Mine are pitted on my big bolt. I have wire wheeled them but will they need something under the por , primer or rust converter?


1950 4400
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Sandblast and prime with epoxy primer should work. No POR-15 required.


Gord 🇨🇦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
F
Fox Offline
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
Go with Gord’s suggestion. Epoxy. Por15 is uv sensitive and will fade from the sun. Also, POR15 won’t stick to a wire wheeled surface. It will peel off in sheets. Ask me how I know. It needs a rough surface to bite into. If you sandblasted and then POR’d it, it would probably work, but I’d use epoxy from now on.


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
Use Master Series silver on the wheels. It will adhere, fill the pits and harder than 2K epoxy.
http://masterseriesct.com/


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 559
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 559
Originally Posted by Wayne67vert
Use Master Series silver on the wheels. It will adhere, fill the pits and harder than 2K epoxy.
http://masterseriesct.com/
THE BEST STUFF ON THE MARKET!
Its kinda like the hot sauce commercial.... “I put that sh** on everything” 👍

Joe Alan #1404544 04/03/2021 12:50 PM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Of course it's good -- the company is run by a VW lover from Connecticut. People don't come better than that.
smile


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
I had some rust bubbling after about 13 years of use. I did sandblast, epoxy, paint.
Attachments
1952suburban598.jpg (104.24 KB, 68 downloads)
1952suburban599.jpg (54.19 KB, 70 downloads)
1952suburban600.jpg (58.87 KB, 71 downloads)
1952suburban601.jpg (48.03 KB, 71 downloads)
1952suburban603.jpg (88.55 KB, 70 downloads)

Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 116
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 116
Thanks for the help!


1950 4400
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 116
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 116
Never heard of it, but sounds good I might try it, thanks


1950 4400

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0