| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
10 members (Greg_H, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, TrknGMC, TooMany2count, KEVINSKI, Peggy M, Lostbuthaulinass, wilbur53, Wayne67vert),
130
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,481 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 77 Member | | Member Joined: May 2003 Posts: 77 | While crusing the countyside this weekend I spotted a 54/55 6500 Chevy parked under a lean-to aside a barn. It looked like it had been sitting there for quite awhile but was in pretty decent shape. No one was home so I did not want to "snoop around" too much! Now I'm dreamin of another Big Bolt! I know the designation for a 2-ton is 6400. What would a 6500 series be rated at, or what is the difference? :confused:
Just trying to avoid the potholes on the road of life!
49 Chevy COE 55 Chevy pickup + way too many other project vehicles!
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | 6000 series relates to load rating. The 400 or 500 relates to wheelbase if I remember correctly.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 452 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 452 | 6500 is a 2-ton with 179" wheelbase.
Curt ---- 1953 Chevy 6400, 1957 Chevy 2dr Sedan --"Mediocrity is easy, the good things take time"
| | |
| |
| |