| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Nick in Manitou, Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, J Lucas, TUTS 59, Bill Hanlon, papas52, 2 invisible),
120
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,313 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2019 Posts: 172 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2019 Posts: 172 | I am having difficulties removing the original gas straps that are welded to the floor of my truck. It looks like there are spot welds but on the one strap i drilled them out but when I tried to remove it seemed to be lifting the floor with it. Am I missing something in the removal procedure? | | | | | Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,070 Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums | | Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,070 | You probably missed one (or part of one) of the spot welds. They're in kind of a random pattern. I'm assuming that you already got the spot welds to the seat riser (a couple on each side of each strap bracket.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truckFollow this saga in Project JournalPhotos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2019 Posts: 172 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2019 Posts: 172 | Thanks Kevin
I don't think I found the spot welds to the seat riser so as soon as I get a chance I will look. I will also look to see if aI missed one on the strap itself | | |
| |
| |