The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Rich'sToys, wilbur53, Stovebolt48, TPR57C), 139 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,288
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
T
Professional procrastinator
Professional procrastinator
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
I bought this truck and all the parts as a package. I am very familiar with late 47 and 48 GMC trucks but this is a whole different creature. The truck was parked in 1970 and front clip was removed. The top end of the engine has been removed. The truck then sat for 50 years while the owner collected parts until his demise a couple years ago. In the interim some parts have gone missing. I can only find 1 inner fender and I have different color fenders from the truck. I guess the guy had 3 or 4 of these trucks and some parts were in the back of a different truck which is now gone. I have an assembly manual for the 47-48 trucks. Do they make the same type of book for the 46? I would like to put the front back together but since I did not take it apart I don't know what goes where. A giant jigsaw puzzle. A shop manual would be good too. Any help on where I might get this stuff? Thanks in advance.

Rich


1947.2 GMC 1/2T SWB panel
1947.2 GMC 1/2T long bed
1948 GMC 1/2T short bed

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
PM me if interested.

Ed

Last edited by Rusty Rod; 03/08/2021 3:48 AM. Reason: deleted reference to selling

'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
Rich,
These attachments may help you.
Harold
Attachments
cab exploded view (2).jpg (75.41 KB, 57 downloads)
Cab Exploded View 1939-1946.jpg (42 KB, 56 downloads)
cab exploded view.jpg (58.77 KB, 54 downloads)
Front End & Side Exploded View.jpg (79.68 KB, 52 downloads)
Front Shroud Grill (2).jpg (42.41 KB, 52 downloads)


Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
T
Professional procrastinator
Professional procrastinator
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
@ EdPruss Thanks. PM sent

@ Harold46 Yes, those attachments will help. That last pic will help a great deal. Do you have any more that show how the inner fender attach to the cab? Maybe a shot that shows how the hood attaches to the front? Thank you so much. I will try to get a couple pics posted today of what I am working with.


1947.2 GMC 1/2T SWB panel
1947.2 GMC 1/2T long bed
1948 GMC 1/2T short bed


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0