The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gdads51, 3B, 32Fordpuchoptop, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny, Joe H), 166 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,246
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 70
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 70
I’m hoping I didn’t mess up. I just reinstalled my windshield with a new gasket. Then I went to put the chrome trim back in and realized it’s very hard to do. Found a random video where they installed the trim before installing the windshield on the truck. What options do I have now?

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
You will need to pull it and install the trim first, I don’t know anyone who had been able to do it after.

Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 70
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 70
Ugh don’t tell me that! It was a pain for me and my wife to install. Not sure she will help me again 😂. I was thinking of bending the 90 degree flange just a bit. So it was more of a v shape. And then using a rubber mallet to tap it in. Sound like a bad idea?

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Sounds like a broken window. When I installed mine I put the SS trim in an let it sit in the sun for a day before the install. That was in 2008 and never had an issue since.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0