Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (55shaker, MickeyP, Bill Hanlon, 3B, Gdads51, Ridgeback, Gray_Ghost, 32Fordpuchoptop),
112
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,304 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 Crusing in the Passing Lane | | Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | Most if not all Pittman arms from Saginaw boxes have a skip spline every 90 degrees, so one can easily switch arms for convenience. If not, a 3 cornered small file can take care of centering arms in the middle.
Ed
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 65 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 65 | Hi Ed - Good to know, thanks for the info! Greg
1949 GMC FC253 - 1 Ton Dually 1966 Buick Wildcat Convertible
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2021 Posts: 33 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2021 Posts: 33 | Hey xgregx
I am getting ready to follow your path on replacing the old drag link type with the new one as per your video, great job BTW. The balls are fine but there is wear just underneath that I don't like. I have a 1 1/2 Ton but the components are the same as yours as far as I can tell. Any "If had to do it again" thoughts | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 65 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 65 | Hey Skydog, Thanks! Glad you liked the video. If I were to do it again, I would measure the stud diameters on both ball studs, rather than assume they were the same. It all worked out though. As you probably saw in the videos, I had to enlarge one hole with a reamer, and shim the other because it was bigger than the stud. Glad I test fitted both first before reaming the larger hole. Good luck with your upgrade! Greg
1949 GMC FC253 - 1 Ton Dually 1966 Buick Wildcat Convertible
| | |
| |