The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Peggy M, mick53, Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51), 130 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,267
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1395050 01/30/2021 6:00 PM
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 22
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 22
Talking about products Woolwax and Fluid Film for rust proofing and undercoating. Being from the rust/salt belt always looking for different ideas/ways of fighting off the inevitable. Seems like a good product to get into the cracks and crevices of the pinch welds,seams, channels, and bottom of doors after painting. The only down side is the undercarriage would have to be recoated every so often. What's everyone else using after a panel repair for rust protection? Say like on the under side of a floor pan or inside of the bottom of a door patch panel? Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome...

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
I have used fluid film in the past and in my opinion it is the best so far .Being cheap I have used home made and they are as good as some store bought mixes and cheap but are difficult to get the right consistency to spray but that is partly because by the time I get around to doing my vehicles it is already starting to get chilly


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
I like Master Series silver. check out this test:


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0