Needing some of your expert help in identifying a 1940s heater core I picked up at an antiques sale. I.tested it and there are no leaks with 8psi and the original 6 volt fan was squealing badly until I oiled it. Planning on mounting it under the dash on my 1942 1.5 ton Chevy flatbed for those cold winter months. My question does anyone know what vehicles used Red Cat heater cores or possibly tractors?
Love that heater. Must be a cold climate after market. Looks like it belongs in Minnesota or N. Dakota! Your thermostat might never open with that in the plumbing! But, hey, put it in, what a beauty!
~Charley 1954 Chevy 3100 with 235 “Bud” Follow along in the DITY 1963 Chevy half ton stepside short box 230 1954 GMC 3 ton 302 And several more Chevy camper and work trucks 1979 1987 1996
I have not heard of Red Cat, but there were several sources for after market heaters. Arvin was a popular brand, as was Hadees. Of course Western Auto, Sears, Montgomery Ward, Firestone and many others had their own private label brands. These were manufactured for them by the same companies who were selling heaters under their own names. Harrison was the GM division which produced radiators and heaters. GM sold aftermarket generic heaters branded as Harrison also.