The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln), 130 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,143
Posts1,056,494
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1394028 01/24/2021 2:59 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 13
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 13
Does anyone have the paint codes? I have a 56 with an emblem that's painted in reverse (red background and black bowtie, like the 57). I'd like to correct it, but I don't know what paint to buy.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
Have not personally used it but read awhile back that someone really liked this for emblems and such. http://www.1shot.com/One-Shot/colors/Lettering-Enamels.aspx

Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 13
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 13
Thanks! I was curious what the factory colors would have been. Black is black, but I want to match the original red. Nice to get an answer from a fellow Okie, btw. I just purchased a '56 3600 a few weeks ago, so I'm fairly new to all of this.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Oklahoma is a fairly large State, so, where in Oklahoma are you?


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 13
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 13
I'm in Midwest City.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
Look at the info kit for your year model truck and it might help. I recall at least on mine that they gave colors on emblems in a generic form vermillion= red I guess https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
I've been using regular Ace Hardware Rust Stop, seems to go on good and affordable, Mike

Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 13
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Greg_H
Look at the info kit for your year model truck and it might help. I recall at least on mine that they gave colors on emblems in a generic form vermillion= red I guess https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

Thanks! I'll wade through there and see what I can find.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0