The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (walter74, Southerntruck, Jon G, Peggy M, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,417
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1393434 01/19/2021 10:27 PM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
I believe that the parking brakes on the 1940 Chevy 1/2 Ton PU has two metal pieces that fasten the cable to the backing plate. My cable has only one. It fits fine with the felt gasket and fastens to the outside of the backing plate. The cable is sloppy at that point and I believe there should be a second clamp.

Is that true?

Is that part available ?

Thanks,

Mike
Attachments

Last edited by Rabaut; 01/20/2021 2:18 PM.

1940 Chevy 1/2 Ton presently... Almost done
1940 Chevy Business Coupe... In pieces
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 42
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 42
It looks like it's the wrong part or a broken part. I crawled under mine & took a photo, but I'm not sure if it loaded or not.
[img]https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/26811/filename/DSC_1749.JPG[/img]Bob

Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
Thanks Bob,

Now that I have a picture, I need to find the part.

Mike


1940 Chevy 1/2 Ton presently... Almost done
1940 Chevy Business Coupe... In pieces

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0