The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (55shaker, moparguy), 72 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,684
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1392135 01/11/2021 1:12 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
I am restoring a hood emblem for my '50, and does anyone know of the thread size for the screws that attach it to the back side ? I'll have to re-tap the threads, Many thanks, Mike

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 623
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 623
About 8 months late, but the four on mine are 1" 10-24 bolts/screws. Just busted one of mine taking it off to change the rubber base and put new decals on it. For some reason, my local hardware store doesn't carry them. Also, even though classic parts and lmc carry new emblems 'with all hardware', they don't carry replacement screws for old ones. Now I'm finding that if I order any from McMaster Carr or amazon, i'll have to get at least 25 of them to get one. Surely somebody carries this size bolt in hex head!


"When I rest, I rust"
1951 3100 5 window w/ '56 235



Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 788
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 788
Got mine at the local "True Value" hardware store.

Regarding McMaster-Carr , 25 is a lot , but I bet the dollar amount is still small.

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,113
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,113
If you look hard enough, you could find hex head 10-24 screws, but the ones on my '51 hood emblem were not hex head. I don't recall for sure, but they may have been pan head clutch drive screws. Full disclosure though, I found that someone had replaced half the hood way back when. Could be they didn't reuse the factory screws. ohwell

No one is going to see them on your completed truck anyway, so just get what's readily available.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0