| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,178 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 27 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 27 | Hey guys Merry Christmas, been a while and I’ve been busy but it’s time to paint the drivetrain and cab undercarriage.
I’m using an Epoxy Primer then top finishing the undercarriage with Raptorliner. My question is, do I need to coat the wooden floor with something prior to the Epoxy Primer to get reliable adhesion?
Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2017 Posts: 230 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2017 Posts: 230 | I contacted a boat builder and they recommended a penetrating epoxy. Runs like water soaks in well. Especially the ends... Seals the wood fibers and is flexible. Worked out well. It requires a topcoat for UV protection.
Clear Penetrating Epoxy - Epoxy Sealer For Wood - JamestownDistributors.com.
Mike
Last edited by tclederman; 12/29/2020 7:11 PM. Reason: moderator changed "us" to "UV" if this is incorrect PM moderator
1940 Chevy 1/2 Ton presently... Almost done 1940 Chevy Business Coupe... In pieces
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 27 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 27 | Thanks Mike, I'll check it out. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2017 Posts: 230 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2017 Posts: 230 | If your interested, I use a PPG industrial,enamel called ALK -200. Works great as a paint for the chassis.... I also use it for the body paint because I don’t care for the wet look of the base/clear modern paints. I believe it gives a more authentic look to the car.
PM me if you want to talk about it.
Mike
1940 Chevy 1/2 Ton presently... Almost done 1940 Chevy Business Coupe... In pieces
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 27 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 27 | You're speaking my language, I fully agree on not caring for the base/clear look. I'll be running the existing body color for a year or so with the clear knocked down by scotchbrite until I can decide what color I want it to be. | | |
| |
| |