The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 121
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 121
i going to build my x member for my engine today hopfully.i am plannig on using camero [i know i cant spell] ruber mounts on it. my question is should i replace them with polymounts after it is built and painted or is rubber fine? i am going to be running a very healthy small block chev in it. and what advice do you guys have for the tranny x member. it is going to be a t350or t400 trans.


gotta love old trucks
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 77
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 77
I used stock rubber motor mountsin my chevelle for over 100,000 miles without any problems. have heard a lot of good things about poly mounts, but I'm going to stick to rubber mounts when I drop my 383 into my TF truck. As for the trans x member I was just going to use a typical tube x member from classic or another vendor, but I plan to follow in up with the installation of a boxed driveline loop a little further back from AM Morrison. Then I will feel a little better about removing the stock trans crossmember when I convert to V8 with a T400.


Admin for Turbobuick.com
87 GN, and new toy: 1955 Chevy 3200 pickup, soon to have: 383, Cola crank, Childs/Albert 6 inch rods, Brownfield heads, 10:1 KB hypers, CompCam 284 Extreme Energy, Tilton Plate transmission realignment and built Turbo400.
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 121
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 121
cool thanks for the advice. looks like you building a very healthy pickup yourself. judging by your parts list you have listed on the bottum of your post.


gotta love old trucks

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0