Hi Guys I have a 1950 Chevy 3600. All original farm truck. 216 with a 4-speed. Bed needed doing as it was rotten, but I wanted the new one to go with the original patina theme I plan on just oiling the truck and enjoying it for what it was. I ordered the pine and steel kit from Mar-k. I powder coated the rails and beat up the pine before finishing it. I’m pleased how it turned out. Thought I’d share as I haven’t seen this done.
Just needs a little dirt to complete the look! Great job, I like the results!
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals
1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes Project Journals Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Ahab's girlfriend was "Fatima"- - - - -but after a few years in the Sultan's harem, she probably had a bit of patina, also! LOL! Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
When I put my bed together in 2010 I left the boards un treated, I did use the truck for trips to garden center to pick up sod and pavers, things like that. I Leave the truck parked outside most the time. I was surprised after a few years the pine boards looked still looked new. In my area they just don't weather. A few years back I rolled them in place with black paint after learning on this forum they came black when new.
Your weathered boards fit the stock appearance of a working truck.
Wow. That does fit in perfectly with the stock work look. I love it. I may even go that route if i dont do the black fence paint on my bed when i build it and replace the plywood.
A few questions: NorAlta, where is home base area for you? I’m southwest of Edmonton. A few fellow stovebolters from the area sometimes meet up. Perhaps you’d be interested?
Dad’s50: What size tires and rims are you running on that blue gem?
1970 Chevrolet C10 Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny Follow the build in the Project Journal 1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually "Ole Red Girl" In the Stovebolt Gallery More pictures here 1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's Parts trucks- 1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300