The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (CuzzFuzz), 83 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,423
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 23
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 23
All,
I have a 55 second series frame that was previously fitted with an early camaro subframe.
I want to increase the ride height in the front end so the truck sits up a bit more.
What would be the best way? Are there taller springs available? should I just use spring spacers?
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carl


CCB
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
There are no taller springs, but maybe big block springs will work. I put (2) 1 inch spacers in each side to raise mine up a bit. Is it possible those springs have been cut? Stock, uncut springs measure 16in uncompressed. So if you remove them, cut springs will just fall out and uncut will have to be pryed out.
Hope this helps.

Bill


1950 Chevy p\u 3100. lt1 Corvette powered.
Owner\ autoglass unlimited/Ultra Clear Body Shield
Cowboys creo: taste your words before you spit them out
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/getm24_2000/
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 20
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 20
I used QA1 adjustable coilovers.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 23
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 23
Thanks guys,
I will have to pull the springs out and check them for height.

I'm affraid that on my budget I cannot afford to buy the coil overs right now.

Wilbur: What kind of spacers did you use? Are they picture on your website?

Thanks again!

Carl


CCB
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
I just used the twist in type found at many parts stores.


1950 Chevy p\u 3100. lt1 Corvette powered.
Owner\ autoglass unlimited/Ultra Clear Body Shield
Cowboys creo: taste your words before you spit them out
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/getm24_2000/

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0