The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Peggy M, Hanks custodian), 79 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,390
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 251
P
Bolter
Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 251
After looking at new bed wood kits I decided to restore my old wood. A sander, sealer, stain, polyurethane and black enamel spray paint. 2 coats of stain, on the wood, and 7 coats of urethane. 4 coats of paint on the metal strips. Cost me less than $100 and some elbow grease.
Attachments
F4EC5882-83DD-469B-B024-C40370BC1523.jpeg (139.65 KB, 160 downloads)
5FBA05C3-95CB-49CE-B599-706D8DC36545.jpeg (142.29 KB, 163 downloads)
F9C72FBA-CEBD-4603-AA4F-1A044C104627.jpeg (236.09 KB, 162 downloads)


“Old Blue” 1953 Chevrolet 3100
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,088
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,088
Looking good. thumbs_up
I had no choice but to buy new wood. I disassembled my original bed wood with my bare hands. I think the largest piece was about 2 ft long.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 251
P
Bolter
Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 251
I was fortunate my wood, although old and worn, was still intact. I would have loved to put a new oak bed in, but my wallet just wouldn’t allow it. I think the old yellow pine turned out nice with the walnut stain.


“Old Blue” 1953 Chevrolet 3100
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 670
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 670
Looks Great!
I just ordered Mark-K yellow pine. I can't wait!!


1950 Chevy 3100
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 251
P
Bolter
Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 251
thumbs_up


“Old Blue” 1953 Chevrolet 3100

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0