The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13825 12/06/2003 8:36 PM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 38
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 38
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the 5 spoke aluminum wheels that "LMC Truck" has in their latest catalog (CBE.13)? They won't tell me and the reason I want to know is so I can contact the manufacturer and ask them about backspacing, and multiple other questions that LMC can't answer. They really made me mad. They wan't me to buy from them, however they can't help me get the info that I need. I know they are trying to protect their interest. If they tell me, then I can go buy them somewhere else. The only thing is that I would have bought from them if they had of been more helpful. Anyway, I really want to put these wheels on my truck and since they are six lug, it will be an easy wheel swap.


Be Happy and Live a Good life filled with Love and Happiness.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
Hey neighbor.

I just went on a big 'quest' to replace the old 2 piece rims on my 8 lug chevy. I went to a place with take off wheels, 3x, but couldn't find a wheel to fit mine. Then the cat told me to look for 81-91 chevy 8 lugs which he said should work. I got the ones on my truck at C&M in garland near my home for 475, with big 245 16s (used but nice - and not matching wink ) on em. That's $5 less than new tires for the Lincoln I used to have with no wheels. As I am in a neighborhood with older vehicles, the shop had new steel chrome wheels ready to go. I would think 6 luggers would be even easier to find.

so..2 suggestions:

1. Call LMC and measure yours and tell them to measure theirs and see what they tell you. After a few trips, I would just call in the measurements.

if that don't work

2. Try the local wheel shops or even a boneyard. Tell them you have an older truck and usually they know what to give you. I then write them a check take the wheels home and if they don't work, come back and tear up the check.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 38
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 38
I got it worked out locally. Went to Terry's Tires in Cleburne and he had these wheels from Eagle Alloys. Man, they look sharp.


Be Happy and Live a Good life filled with Love and Happiness.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0