| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,386 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2016 Posts: 182 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2016 Posts: 182 | Does anyone know if the are any vendors out there that can supply wood stakes and wood siding for my truck? | | | | | Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 102 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 102 | I never had any luck finding stakes and sides for my flatbed. I ended upmaking my own. I had some rough cut lumber, planed it to the correct thickness, then started with a router and sander to get the right shape to go down tight into the pockets. I used 5/4 roughcut to make the side boards, but they are probably only 1" thick after I planed them smooth.
Jon | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 | I have the original hardware and stake and side wood for a 1939 3/4 Chevy stake truck. Where in Michigan are you? I live outside Saline, Michigan.
Rick
1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Does this need to go to PM?
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2016 Posts: 182 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2016 Posts: 182 | Rickmg, I live in Troy Jon | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 | You are welcome to visit me and see if I have what you need. PM me if interested.
Rick
1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 |
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 5 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 5 | I took the stakes off of my bed, it is in good shape and has some nice scroll-work engraving. You are welcome to it, but you have to come down to Fla to get it. | | |
| |
| |