The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (53 green 1- ton, dt235sd), 99 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,713
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 6
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 6
Good morning!

I'm trying to put my 1955 Second Series GMC 100 back together, and I'm trying to determine if I've got some pieces missing, or just weren't there. Unfortunately it's been about 2 years since I tore it down, so I don't have a perfect memory of it, but I have to think something as big as the lower grill valence would be hard to hide, even when your workshop is as cluttered as mine is.

Is there a sheet metal piece that connects the fenders underneath the grill opening, like there is on the Chevy? I have the small pieces that block from the radiator core support, but I don't seem to have anything that goes across the bottom. Looking through a lot of the common spots, like Classic Industries and Brothers, they only really list it for the 55-56 Chevy Trucks, nothing for GMC.

I've found a listing for a GMC specific one on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-1955-1956-GMC-Truck-Bumper-Filler-Front-68969SP/293381778078 but I wanted to ask people who knew before committing to buy something that wasn't correct.

Thank you!

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,225
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,225
Yes, that's the lower grille panel for a 1955-56 GMC pickup.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
That is not the correct lower valence for a GMC truck. GMC and Chevy used completely different parts when it comes to everything between the front fenders and grill. I saw the right one listed on facebook a couple days ago. Let me see if I can find it again. The correct one for a 1955-56 GMC would look like this: [img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/L6MK8mzKm9nDhcUy6[/img][img]https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/23806/filename/splash pan.jpg[/img]
Attachments
splash pan.jpg (61.06 KB, 44 downloads)

Last edited by gumbi; 10/22/2020 9:40 PM.
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,117
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,117
Originally Posted by gumbi
I saw the right one listed on facebook a couple days ago. Let me see if I can find it again.
Please take this to PM. Buying and selling in the tech forums is not allowed.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
Ooops sorry. Richter I sent you a PM


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0