The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (kades51, Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, TexasA&M48Truck, CandoBrent), 147 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,211
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#138102 05/11/2007 3:21 AM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1
I have a 1960 Chevy short bed step-side. The body is not in bad shape. A 200 year old Oak just turned my 1994 Chevy C1500 (shortbed as well) into totaled junk (at least according to the insurance). I'm thinking about just moving the body over onto my '94 frame. Has anyone attempted a body/frame swap like this? Any advice?

The only posts I can find seem to be AD to S-10 advice. If the post is already out there, can someone direct me to it? Are there any other resources out there that I should look into?

Thanks in advance.

#138103 05/11/2007 4:49 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 164
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 164
I'd start by trying to figure out if the wheelbase and wheel tracks were anywhere near identical. If yes, investigate further. If not, especially width, I'd think again.

#138104 05/11/2007 10:43 AM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 132
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 132
i'd worry more aboput track than length.
shortening/lengthening ain't no big deal...


i miss obscene phone calls...

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0