The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (TooMany2count, 1955 1 Series, homer52, UtahYork, J Lucas), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,377
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1380080 10/09/2020 10:23 AM
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678


1951 Chevy Panel Truck
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Very nice. Thanks for sharing!


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
Apparently the "slammed" look is in this year. Not a huge fan of that, but there were a few other neat design features. The '59 car dash grafted into that one was kind of cool. A lot of incredible workmanship there.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,086
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,086
Originally Posted by Rich'sToys
Apparently the "slammed" look is in this year. Not a huge fan of that, but there were a few other neat design features.
Yeah, what's the point of running boards if they're only a couple of inches above the ground? ohwell
Lots of cool trucks though.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
F
Fox Offline
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
Very cool, but I bet the only truck that has an old straight 6 is the cherry red and black fendered beauty that looks a lot like John’s!

I liked the COE camper. I bet my wife would let me buy that one.


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
Great video quality!


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Very cool.


Professional Novice
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 620
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 620
Thank you for sharing, it's nice to keep up. However, I have had my share of modified trucks and cars 24 years ago I put $90,000 in a 36 Ford super 2 door sedan, custom with a 426 bored over Hemi. 671 blower, way too much chrome and etc. Sold it for $ 89.000. If that is what a person wants to do then by all means DO IT! It after all is good for the owner and far be it from me to stop someone from building there dream, enjoy and you will get looks and good comments. I will not mention the 1946 Chevy 3/4 ton. Could sell it more now than I did after full custom dropped and full house 350. I ruined a very nice US Forestry truck, still a show winner but, has anyone tried to drive on Florida's continuously growing pot hole roads? It has to be trailered everywhere, no fun. It's for sale to anyone that wants to pay the price. I will probably raise it and give to my grandson on his 21st birthday. Oddly he loves one of my pure stock AD's. Not Oddly I do too. I have one nearly done (54-3100), that could bring much more than I have in it 100% stock. Every one should have their dream, many of us have different dreams which have to be met. Love all of you. Doc.


Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
Originally Posted by Doc.Hall
Thank you for sharing, it's nice to keep up. However, I have had my share of modified trucks and cars 24 years ago I put $90,000 in a 36 Ford super 2 door sedan, custom with a 426 bored over Hemi. 671 blower, way too much chrome and etc. Sold it for $ 89.000. If that is what a person wants to do then by all means DO IT! It after all is good for the owner and far be it from me to stop someone from building there dream, enjoy and you will get looks and good comments. I will not mention the 1946 Chevy 3/4 ton. Could sell it more now than I did after full custom dropped and full house 350. I ruined a very nice US Forestry truck, still a show winner but, has anyone tried to drive on Florida's continuously growing pot hole roads? It has to be trailered everywhere, no fun. It's for sale to anyone that wants to pay the price. I will probably raise it and give to my grandson on his 21st birthday. Oddly he loves one of my pure stock AD's. Not Oddly I do too. I have one nearly done (54-3100), that could bring much more than I have in it 100% stock. Every one should have their dream, many of us have different dreams which have to be met. Love all of you. Doc.

It's a philosophical issue. I've been in this hobby a long time. I too started out chasing fads. By the time I was done building a truck, the "latest thing" would have changed and my vehicle would be obsolete literally before it was finished. I'm really sick of bagged trucks, and if I am a lot of other people are too. Someday the slammed look will be as antiquated as the white "marshmallow" headrests, "scavenger" exhaust below the rear axle, and tires sticking way out of the fenders - all stuff that you HAD TO HAVE in the 1970s. The only look that lasts is the classic original. Sure, it's doesn't detract to lower it a bit, but the slammed look is just another in a long line of automotive gimmicks I've seen come and go over the years. Ten years from now Classic Trucks magazine will be featuring articles on how to cut out and replace your airbag suspension.


1951 Chevy Panel Truck
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,418
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,418
Some really nice trucks. As said here before were not all fan's of "lowered" or "slammed" trucks ( I can just imagine what My Dad would have said) but you do have to admire some of the workmanship and skill (some not "All") used in putting the truck together. I would have liked to seen more L6 engines, even modified, and that from a V8 guy. In the end it still comes down to each owner making the truck to fit their own ideas and keeping these old trucks on the road. Cool video.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 122
J
JD1 Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 122
Very nice! Thanks for sharing.


1951 Chevy 3100 1/2 ton (1957 235, 4 speed, 411 rear)

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0