The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,485
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 75
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 75
Hi Bolters,

A few months ago I my passenger door handle was falling off (stripped screw) so I took it off so as not to lose it. Now putting it back together seems more complex than I was anticipating and wondering if anyone can provide advice or pictures. My biggest question is the way the lock barrel, the "connecting pieces" and the shaft that goes through to the inner door handle goes together. I have an extra spring that I'm not sure where it is supposed to be in there and, how all these pieces stay together while placing them back into the handle is a mystery.

Any advice is welcome! THANKS

Doug

Here's a photos of the pieces I have:
Attachments
Handle 1.jpeg (135.58 KB, 50 downloads)
Handle 2.jpeg (74.34 KB, 50 downloads)

Last edited by Truckin39; 08/17/2020 3:22 PM.
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 75
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 75
Just a reply to my own message - wow - 43 people have looked at this post but no "nibbles" of a reply... I'm feeling lonely :|

This must be a rare or tougher problem than I was imagining.

My handle is still unassembled. Any advice still welcome!

Doug

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
The photo of the parts is correct .

I added a bit of black grease to the pawl , the bit that's pushed by the spring , also some grease on the 2 shells , to try and capture them .

It is VERY tricky to assemble , you need thirteen tiny little fingers and a spare tongue to chew on .

I am guessing there might be an assembly jig of some sort , last time I decided to get into a '40 door lock , I gave it to the local lock smith to worry over smile smile


Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0