I have been considering intake manifolds/carburetor combinations for sometime now and keep coming back to a 3x2 or 3x1 set up. My biggest concern with going down this route is if there will be enough clearance between the rear carburetor and the firewall. Since it is a 292 I have pushed the engine back as far as possble already to allow for space between the water pump pulley and radiator so now there is only about 1/4" between the rear of the block and the firewall. I really don't want to modify the firewall and could perhaps move the engine forward a bit but Im hoping someone on the forum has some insight as to whether or not it is feasible or if the fitment issues are just not worth it.
Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetors sold by Speedway?
I attached a picture of a 292 with 3x2 setup sold by Speedway and would love to pull off something similar.
Visit the H.A.M.B. website, and do a search on these carburetors.
Jon.
Good carburetion is fuelish hot air The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify. If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes! The Carburetor Shop