| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (baldeagle),
158
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 476 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 476 | I'm going to put a original gas tank in my 46 COE 515 Holmes tow truck and I wanted to know the color that Holmes painted them originally if they even did . Spanky would be the go to guy on this one but I'll take any input.
Last edited by Chris's 46 / 515; 08/31/2020 1:25 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Chris, where is your tank located? If it's in a factory location it would not be painted...they were tinned and left natural. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 476 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 476 | Holmes removed the tank from the frame , used the same brackets and tank and mounted it in the tool box of the wrecker body. With the brackets mounted to the floor. (the tank is Square ). I found a little black paint on the tank. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | I've had four pre 49 model Holmes Wreckers, with the tanks mounted in the coffin box storage area, and all four were painted the color of the inside of this area, which was the color of the service body itself. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 476 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 476 | Perfect: When I get my original tank back and get it mounted I'll paint it and that might be the last thing I do to this truck other than drive it and keep it running. Thanks Spanky. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | | | |
| |
| |