| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Shaffer's1950, TexasJim50, Opelika Tom, Oswald, Peggy M, dt235sd, Wayne67vert, Charles in CA),
68
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,281 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 76 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 76 | it has been a while since I have posted. I still have the 1940 Chevrolet 1 1/2 ton REA truck and steadily collecting parts as I can. I have purchased a grill, a couple of sets of 1 1/2 ton front fenders, radiator, an extra radiator shell, headlights, various items for the firewall forward and a complete drive line from a 1939 Chevrolet Big Bolt. I know the hood is the same from the pickup and the Big Bolt and I believe the cowl is as well. Are the front bumper brackets and bumper the same between Big Bolt and pickup? I think other than the fenders all of the front sheet metal is the same.
I am getting the rods for the 216 cut for inserts and the engine and transmission builds are slowly moving forward.
Thank you
Harmon
Last edited by Harmon Hodge; 08/25/2020 6:55 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Are the front bumper brackets and bumper the same between Big Bolt and pickup? No, 37-40 1-1/2 ton share the same bumper face and attaching bars (same attaching bar fits on both sides). Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 76 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 76 | Thanks Mike,
I thought they were bigger brackets and bumpers than the pickup.
Harmon | | |
| |
| |