The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Shaffer's1950, DannyW, Otto Skorzeny), 126 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,080
Posts1,056,291
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 76
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 76
it has been a while since I have posted. I still have the 1940 Chevrolet 1 1/2 ton REA truck and steadily collecting parts as I can. I have purchased a grill, a couple of sets of 1 1/2 ton front fenders, radiator, an extra radiator shell, headlights, various items for the firewall forward and a complete drive line from a 1939 Chevrolet Big Bolt. I know the hood is the same from the pickup and the Big Bolt and I believe the cowl is as well. Are the front bumper brackets and bumper the same between Big Bolt and pickup? I think other than the fenders all of the front sheet metal is the same.

I am getting the rods for the 216 cut for inserts and the engine and transmission builds are slowly moving forward.

Thank you

Harmon

Last edited by Harmon Hodge; 08/25/2020 6:55 PM.
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Originally Posted by Harmon Hodge
Are the front bumper brackets and bumper the same between Big Bolt and pickup?

No, 37-40 1-1/2 ton share the same bumper face and attaching bars (same attaching bar fits on both sides).

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 76
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 76
Thanks Mike,

I thought they were bigger brackets and bumpers than the pickup.

Harmon


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0