The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,494
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1374180 08/20/2020 7:37 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 171
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 171
Hello,
what do I have to do to change the seals on the rear axle where the rear wheel is located?
On your answer could you discribe it step by step?
Ask
Wolfgang


I'm working on a Chevy Pickup 3600, build 1953 with an 235 cui engine.
Here you can watch my truck: https://www.kripahle-online.de/unterricht/?page_id=2532
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Hi Wolfgang
Is this on the 1953 3600 in your signature? If so, look here: http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/shop/1948_51truck/51ctsm0410.htm The first few pages have the procedure for removing the axle shafts, hubs, bearings and seals and replacing them. Here in the US the seals are readily available since that same axle design was used for 20+ years in 3/4-ton and 1-ton trucks. Good luck.


Professional Novice
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 171
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 171
Ok, thank you for your answer.


I'm working on a Chevy Pickup 3600, build 1953 with an 235 cui engine.
Here you can watch my truck: https://www.kripahle-online.de/unterricht/?page_id=2532
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Wolfgang, I went to your webpage to view your pictures. You certainly have done a lot of work to it. Looks great! I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come. I also reviewed, but did not read, all of your posts on Stovebolt. First one in 2009. You certainly have patience and perseverance, for that I congratulate you.
I did not read anywhere how the truck came to be in Germany. Did you import it from the USA, or did someone else? I saw a California license plate in one of the pictures. That's probably one reason it was not so rusted out. Old vehicles from here in the Midwest USA where I live usually suffer badly from rust.
Have fun with your truck!


Professional Novice

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0