| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | I have had good luck going to an established radiator shop. They can have a core built for you much cheaper than the suppliers AND it will be made in the USA!! Harold
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | Excellent advice, as usual, from Harold.
Luckily, I used to live near two excellent radiator repair shops. Competition is a wonderful thing.
Luckily, I had all my radiator "rebuilt" before I moved to near the NC coast. I have no idea where I could find a good shop here. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2019 Posts: 242 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2019 Posts: 242 | Good advice, thanks. I pulled the core out just now... thankfully it appears leak is from the bypass valve hose. Easy repair.
There is a lot of debris clogging my heater core after just a month outside (pine needles & pollen cones)... I might have to stick some mesh over the intake vents in front of the windshield.
'59 Chevy Suburban, NAPCO
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2019 Posts: 559 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2019 Posts: 559 | I run the aftermarket style round recirculating core in my truck. I think it came from classic industries I believe. Its rated for higher pressure and has a spal fan attached to it and fits in the box like stock so nobody knows its in there. Worked great last year when I drove the truck in like below freezing weather before we got snow. Also helps that it runs at a constant 195-199 deg. | | |
| |
| |