| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (baldeagle, Shade Baby, 1 invisible),
94
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,336 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 171 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 171 | Hello, I disassembled the 235 cui engine of my Chevy Pickup build 1953. Today I tried to start the engine. I put the choke half out and pulled on the starter, he worked well. After a few turns of the engine the carburetor make a big bang and the carburetor smells of petrol. After this bang i tried it again, but the engine wanted to start. I think its a problem of the poistion of the ignition distributor. Here you can see how the ignition distributor is fixed on my engine: https://www.kripahle-online.de/unterricht/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/img_3537.jpgHow should the distibutor be fixed? Can you send in your answer a picture? Or another question how must I turn the distributor to "A" or "R"? Ask Wolfgang | | | | | Joined: Aug 2019 Posts: 242 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2019 Posts: 242 | If the distributor doesn't solve things, then another thing to check is intake valve lash. Backfiring and hard start can occur if intake valve lash is too tight.
.008" intake and .016" exhaust worked for my solid lifters. Those are cold adjustment numbers.
'59 Chevy Suburban, NAPCO
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 171 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 171 | Hello Ott3r, the valves are fixed with a setting tool. I think I need a rough attitude to fix the distributor and let the engine run and attitute the ignition with a timing light. Wolfgang | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 171 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 171 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 |
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | |
| |
| |