| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
11 members (Gdads51, dt235sd, Gray_Ghost, Woodcmiami, Shaffer's1950, Nick in Manitou, Jon G, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln, walter74, 1 invisible),
70
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,131 Posts1,056,372 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 117 | I got the 265 fired off after months of tinkering with it, but turns out it's in pretty rough shape (I'll be cranky when I'm fifty too  ) I have decided to pull the engine and store it in the shop for now. I completed a 406 for my 69 Camaro, which should get installed in the next week or so. I think I'm gonna buy some side mount crossmember setup and install the 327 into the truck and figure out how to wire it up for an alternator setup, then go with a TH350 and a 12 bolt rear I have laying around. It will be a bit of work, but I just can't seem to justify building up a 265. If it were a 283, that would be different, but a 265 hmmmm. Anyone have any pointers for which engine/trans x-members to get or tips on installs? Thanks-Dano 
my truck gets better every day...every PAYDAY | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 | If memory serves me correct you can have your 283 by simply boring the 265 block out and use stock 283 pistons. I rebuilt a 265 like this back in the '70's and it was absolutely the best small block I've ever had, and that includes some built 350's. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 117 | I didn't realize that Waldo...Thanks! i will still go with the 327 for now, just because I don't really have much time. Maybe I can save the 265 for when I get another bolt in the future Dano 
my truck gets better every day...every PAYDAY | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Sounds good but I would stay with a manual trans. It,s much less modifiing & more fun to drive They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
| |
| |