The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, Stovebolt48, Gray_Ghost), 103 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,319
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
I got the 265 fired off after months of tinkering with it, but turns out it's in pretty rough shape (I'll be cranky when I'm fifty too grin ) I have decided to pull the engine and store it in the shop for now. I completed a 406 for my 69 Camaro, which should get installed in the next week or so. I think I'm gonna buy some side mount crossmember setup and install the 327 into the truck and figure out how to wire it up for an alternator setup, then go with a TH350 and a 12 bolt rear I have laying around. It will be a bit of work, but I just can't seem to justify building up a 265. If it were a 283, that would be different, but a 265 hmmmm. Anyone have any pointers for which engine/trans x-members to get or tips on installs?
Thanks-Dano ohwell smile


my truck gets better every day...every PAYDAY smile
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
If memory serves me correct you can have your 283 by simply boring the 265 block out and use stock 283 pistons. I rebuilt a 265 like this back in the '70's and it was absolutely the best small block I've ever had, and that includes some built 350's.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
I didn't realize that Waldo...Thanks! i will still go with the 327 for now, just because I don't really have much time. Maybe I can save the 265 for when I get another bolt in the future grin
Dano cool


my truck gets better every day...every PAYDAY smile
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Sounds good but I would stay with a manual trans. It,s much less modifiing & more fun to drive


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0