| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (MikeE, carbking),
53
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,360 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2006 Posts: 29 | I have the factory power brake booster in my 64 1/2 ton with automatic trans, and am in the process of converting from drums in the front to discs. I have been told I can use the existing booster add a dual outlet master cylinder and proportioning valve to do this, but it seems that the existing booster would not have the same output as a later one designed for discs. Anyone know if I can use the existing booster? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | I have on mine,, pic here used a 71 C10 manual brake master & a CPP prop valve. Brian | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2006 Posts: 29 | Why did you use the manual master cylinder, and does it stop well? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | The power master has a differentt pushrod setup than the original booster-it is more flush fitting whereas the OE booster requires a longer pushrod. I'm sure it was due to many power boosters that were added at the dealer level-they used the same master 63-66 for power or manual. Brian | | |
| |
| |