The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Gdads51, 2 invisible), 60 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,636
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 191
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 191
I recently bought my 56 with a camaro clip. It is an unfinished project that was running , but PO removed engine. The steering column is out of the same Z28, but is non-tilt and floor shift. I'd like to install a column shift, tilt column. Can anyone suggest a replacement? I'm looking for something I can find at a local wrecking yard, not an Ididit or Flaming River. Thanks.

Clint Lovell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I used a tilt column from a 90 or up Chevy truck. Had to fab a mounting bracket for the floor but nothing too hard. The S10 columns should also work. Get the steering shaft that connects the column to the steering box also. You may be able to use it also.

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 191
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 191
Did some measuring today. The Camaro shaft appears to be 33" long. It has a 1" splined shaft end that connects to an intermediate shaft. So I need a column that is column shift 1" splined, 32-34". Any suggestions?

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 209
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 209
Or you can just go buy a Ididit steering column with tilt and everything new without the hassles. I put one in my 57 fairly easy. They come chrome or paintable.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0