The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (WICruiser, 1955 1 Series), 96 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,141
Posts1,056,471
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 10
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 10
Okay I decided to go with a fromn crossmember swap toupgrade to disc brakes. So what are my choices for a power brake master/bosster assembley; and yes I have a hydrolic clutch. Is the classic performance parts master/bosster asee,bley the only one on the market? At $450.00 that seems steep; any alternatives?

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
Check out Master Power brakes www.mpbrakes.com
also Engineered Components, Inc. www.ecihotrodbrakes.com for information on boosters and combinations.

Just a thought....are you sure you want to go the power booster route with your system. I'm very happy with the mid-70's Corvette manual Master cylinder, in both disc/drum and disc/disc configurations. I have power discs on my hot rod truck and find that they are a bit twitchy. My 54-3100 manual brakes with front discs are very predictable. The underfloor power booster/crossmember interference issues are something to consider. Check out these sites as well as www.911brakes.com and you might get a better response if you included a little more information on your application. Hope this helps.


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
I used the booster/master from a 1980 C10-had to drill a few holes but two lined up. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 10
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 10
so what choices do I have for a clutch master cylinder?

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 37
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 37
I would suggest since you need to retain the clutch set-up,that just removing the residual valve from the "brake side" of the stock master cylinder,then plumbing the frt. brakes from the tee forward with 3/16"line, may be a solution. As Fla54Chevy3100 has said,Non-power disc have a great feel and work good. I realize that going Dual line master cylinder is by far safer in the event of master cylinder failure but I put many,many miles on my 54' single line master cylinder with disc/drum combo brakes.You might also want to plumb in a pressure regulator valve on the rear brakes.


BAN LOW PERFORMANCE DRIVERS...
NOT HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS !!

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0