| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Peggy M, Gdads51, GusG, Southerntruck, klhansen, Maybellene, walterhvogel, Hotrod Lincoln),
107
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,422 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 10 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 10 | Okay I decided to go with a fromn crossmember swap toupgrade to disc brakes. So what are my choices for a power brake master/bosster assembley; and yes I have a hydrolic clutch. Is the classic performance parts master/bosster asee,bley the only one on the market? At $450.00 that seems steep; any alternatives? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,317 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,317 | Check out Master Power brakes www.mpbrakes.com also Engineered Components, Inc. www.ecihotrodbrakes.com for information on boosters and combinations. Just a thought....are you sure you want to go the power booster route with your system. I'm very happy with the mid-70's Corvette manual Master cylinder, in both disc/drum and disc/disc configurations. I have power discs on my hot rod truck and find that they are a bit twitchy. My 54-3100 manual brakes with front discs are very predictable. The underfloor power booster/crossmember interference issues are something to consider. Check out these sites as well as www.911brakes.com and you might get a better response if you included a little more information on your application. Hope this helps. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | I used the booster/master from a 1980 C10-had to drill a few holes but two lined up. Brian | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 10 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 10 | so what choices do I have for a clutch master cylinder? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 37 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 37 | I would suggest since you need to retain the clutch set-up,that just removing the residual valve from the "brake side" of the stock master cylinder,then plumbing the frt. brakes from the tee forward with 3/16"line, may be a solution. As Fla54Chevy3100 has said,Non-power disc have a great feel and work good. I realize that going Dual line master cylinder is by far safer in the event of master cylinder failure but I put many,many miles on my 54' single line master cylinder with disc/drum combo brakes.You might also want to plumb in a pressure regulator valve on the rear brakes.
BAN LOW PERFORMANCE DRIVERS... NOT HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS !!
| | |
| |
| |