| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2019 Posts: 74 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2019 Posts: 74 | Hi,
I took my rear end in to get rebuilt and the tech said one of the axle shafts is bad (pitting on the bearing surface) and that I need to get a replacement, where would I find one? It is the shorter of the two, does anyone know the lengths of both shafts and what side they belong to so I can start the search. I believe he said it was 30 inches long.
Thanks,
Mark | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Place an Ad in the Parts Wanted section with the exact measurement you need... Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Jan 2019 Posts: 74 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2019 Posts: 74 | The tech said that the bad axle was 30 inches from outer flange to end of spline and the good one was 31 inches from outer flange to end of spline. Ill post a wanted ad thx! | | |
| |
| |