The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (1955 1 Series, Danielbolt, cmayna, Lightholder's Dad, 1 invisible), 105 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,496
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 93
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 93
My 1960 C20 Apache Cab is very good condition overall. Passenger side rocker panels and floor boards have some rust through.

Do I have to do anything to make certain the cab does not flex or bend and my doors will still fit when replacing the rocker panels???
1. Do the cabs really flex when unbolted from the body??
2. Can I just replace the rocker panels with the cab unbolted and sitting loose on a very solid trailer bed?
3. I will add some pictures shortly to show rust areas.

I will be replacing the inner and outer rocker panels on the passenger side. Probably both left and right floor boards as well. I am a one person operation with limited shop area ie: I will be rolling the cab on a 10K trailer as I do not have a large indoor shop. I will be working next to my shop door, outside.
Attachments
DSC_1234-S.jpg (267.14 KB, 54 downloads)
DSC_1259rust.jpg (181.06 KB, 54 downloads)

Last edited by 60ApacheC20; 06/11/2020 4:05 PM. Reason: added pictues

1960 C20 Apache Step Side Long Bed
"Swamp Thing" restoration
Story starts in 60-66 trucks
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 124
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 124
I would think as long as what you are replacing does not include the actual cab mounts and your "frame" is square and level front to back and side to side it shouldn't be a problem. Just don't cut a bunch of stuff out all at one time. Work on one piece at a time.


38 Chevy 1/2 ton being resto-moded
65 AC Cobra replica
USAF vet

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0